Welcome to Orthopaedic Surgery india
Home>>Orthopaedic Conditions- Cuff tear
The rotator cuff is a group of muscles and tendons that attach to the bones of the shoulder joint, allowing the shoulder to move and keeping it stable.
Rotator cuff tears are a common injury of a complicated joint. Because of our dependence on the shoulder for many activities, these injuries can be frustrating experiences. Learn more about rotator cuff tears, including diagnosis, symptoms, treatments and rehabilitation.
The rotator cuff cause may be due to:
- Keeping the arm in the same position for long periods of timeSleeping on the same arm each night.
- Playing sports like tennis, football, cricket etc.
- Working with the arm heavily for many hours or days (such as painters and carpenters).
- Poor sync of your shoulder and shoulder blade muscles.
- Poor posture over many years there are many surgical alternatives for treatment of a rotator cuff tear. The exact type of surgery may rely on factors including the size and location of your tear, your surgeon's preference, and the activities you want to be able to return to after surgery. Discuss with your doctor which type of surgery he or she may be suggesting for treatment of your rotator cuff tear.
- Repetitive stress, Lack of blood supply, Bone spurs are some of the factors causing the rotator cuff tear.
The most common symptoms include:
- Pain at rest and at night, particularly if lying on the affected shoulder
- Pain when lifting and lowering some particular actions
- Weakness rotating your arm
- Crackling sensation when moving your shoulder in certain positions
This can be easily treated under the scanner of an orthopedic surgeon. There are surgical and non- surgical treatments available for the rotator cuff. Dr. Mohan has been well-versed in the rectifying this ailment.